Begin

I always start into a canvas with the same attitude, let the paint charge me, let it create a space of it's own, and then, herd it towards the finite. In this I mean to allow a surface to come up and face me, it will inevitably surprise me, keeping me interested in the game. I've begun collecting the rejected paint of others at Lowes, the Home Improvement Store, it always reminds me of the Christmas TV story of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer's visit to the Isle Of Misfit Toys...
Charlie-In-The-Box: I am the official sentry of the Isle of Misfit toys.
Hermey: A jack-in-the-box for a sentry?
Charlie-In-The-Box: Yes. My name is...
Rudolph: Don't tell me: Jack.
Charlie-In-The-Box: No, Charlie. That's why I'm a misfit toy. My name is all wrong. No child wants to play with a Charlie-In-The-Box so I had to come here.

Comments

Steven LaRose said…
Oh yeah! Welcome to the highly addictive blogoshpere. Don't let me down. But then again, make sure you spend time in the studio. Perfect timing dude, perfect timing.