Crossing


I haven't felt the urge to write much in the last few weeks, or do any sort of postings due to some shake ups and changes that occured recently. I may go into it more at a later point, but I want some distance from all of it. I will however be posting more works that I'm in the midst of here in my studio, and look forward to some daunting challenges that lie ahead for me.



I have finished the biggest of my new Pour/Pull paintings titled Harbour. It measures out "48 x 60" and the ideas post this work have me fully engaged. It has been a long time since I was in a place with my work where I'm just painting in almost a pure sense of call and response, with no graphics or designs that come from a commercial or language based medium. It's for me, a bit like crossing a bridge with strong currents underneath, it has my heart racing, and I'm excited.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Harold, you have been missed. I hope all is well! Paint your heart out!!
HC
Steven LaRose said…
cheers, bravo, good-on-ya, nice.

If you keep painting big, you are going to need a place to store all these. . . we've got this big empty wall. . .hmmmm...