Solitary Set

Some touch up, varnish and this painting for Nordstrom/Pittsburgh is finished. Nice to have it clear so I can really concentrate on the show for Circa Gallery coming up in October.

In my studio, a sonic soundtrack has found its way around me again. In the mid-nineties I was very interested in bands that messed with tuning and volume in their sound. Sonic Youth, Pavement, and Polvo. I hear that Polvo are back together again after 10 years, and I for one hope a new record and tour come from it.
I saw them play once at the Crocodile Cafe here in Seattle in 1994 and it was a really amazing and influential evening on me. I was in a band at the time with my brother called Blanket, and I wanted to alter the way I played, make it more unique, like one might with a painting, make it mine. I was interested in all things sonic, detuned, yet rich. Polvo had those qualities, and came along at the right time. I was hooked, still am...[cont'd]


Polvo - Solitary Set.mp3

Polvo - Fast Canoe.mp3





Comments

Adeaner said…
koolee-bon-zoolee !

you rock, dude.
Adeaner said…
koolee-bon-zoolee !

you rock, dude.
Anonymous said…
Wow you've been busy Harold! This is Lorie from Seaside, Oregon. Had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of years ago and exchanging artistic ideas. Recently moved to Olympia. Would love to be on your list for upcoming shows. loriet_98@yahoo.com
Anonymous said…
Did you know that 5 years ago today you were in London, England? It’s true! Have a great day!