Berlin

I just received notice a few weeks ago that I was accepted at the Takt Artist Residency in Berlin. I will be working there from January through March of 2012. It's very exciting, my first residency and in a place that in many respects, sparked my interest in painting when I was starting to make artwork seriously in college. I was given the Berlin Art catalogue from the Museum of Modern Art's show from 1987. In it I witnessed the works of Beuys, Baselitz, and Bernd Zimmer, along with Arnulf Ranier, and american artist Jonathan Borofsky. I've always held it in my heart, this place that so many did so much wonderful work. I have visited the city before and really loved the time I had in the summer of 2003. Now I get my brief moment in the coming months to do a body of work that you will get to see unfold as I post from there.

Prost!
.

Comments

Tim McFarlane said…
Congrats!! I know that you'll make the most of it. Looking forward to what happens.
Thanks Tim!
Oh hey great! Congrats. Let me buy you a beer when you get here!
Anonymous said…
Sooo exciting. Tim is right, you will make the most of it.

I have the same list of influences. It is a good one!

Prost! back at you!
Sue D. said…
Congratulations Harold!
Anonymous said…
Good riddance!
Unknown said…
Congrats!
Eva said…
Fantastic!! Congrats Harold!!