Studio Projection - New Tools


Here is my new set up for projecting in the studio that has replaced my old school style overhead projection set up that I had used since college. I saw an artist at Quality Pictures in Portland before her opening using this same set up to do graphics on the walls surrounding her paintings that were being displayed and I couldn't get it out of my mind that I wanted to have the same ability. I had been wanting a new computer for several years, having been on an iMac for nearly eight years. So with the last set of commissions I went and purchased a new MacBook Pro, and digital projector. It has helped in my ability to be much more fluid and in the moment, than I was with transparencies. I can adjust my drawings in the computer via Photoshop if they aren't quite working on the canvas. It's been one of the best tool purchases of mine in several years, and has really helped in keeping a nice flow and rhythm for the lastest work that I've been making.

[cont'd]




Comments

Anonymous said…
pretty cool looking set-up, H-Bomb.
but what i really love is the sentence "...my ability to be mush more fluid..."

i would have tried hard to be at your EXPANSION opening, but Built to Spill, Quasi and Camper Van Beethoven are playing in the desert - my first rockout since relocating here - Stereolab the week after!

man, those splattered pool balls have granted you some sweetness. way to go!